How Australian Way became advocates for
change with EPG Payroll & HR
AWPL AT A GLANCE
Australian Way (AWPL) is Australia’s leading travel retailer with 50+ stores across 11 airports around Australia and New Zealand.
A time to evaluate and process improve
When EPG saw valued client AWPL experiencing unusually long payroll processing times, the opportunity was taken to streamline and centralise shared processes and workflows.
Needing to dramatically restructure their whole business at the height of Covid-19, AWPL now have a more streamlined way of working that has eliminated the cost and use of a disconnected time & attendance system and facilitated fast re-onboarding of their workforce.
Working together to outline
- Assessment of processes: EPG
identified their client AWPL were using disconnected software to capture
employee time and attendance, meaning timesheet data required manual importing
and processing by EPG
- Cost saving opportunity: EPG provided an alternative solution: its payroll services already include rostering, timesheets and can manage approvals in the one payroll platform. This would eliminate AWPL’s need to maintain external timesheet software
- Consolidating the data: Trials were conducted on AWPL test sites of the full EPG payroll offering. They showed improved management efficiencies when reviewing employee hours against rostered hours and final payroll figures
- Payroll integration: Once approved, timesheet data can now flow straight into payroll, streamlining rostering, time and attendance, payroll and reporting processes dramatically
- Train the trainer: EPG trained AWPL managers towards a new way of working that delivers true workforce visibility, approval transparency and audit trails
- Self-service: Employees are able to update their personal details, lodge timesheets and apply for leave in one connected online portal
- Fast onboarding: Additionally, due to a restricted employment landscape, AWPL’s employees required re-classification from full time/part time to part time/casual. By using EPG’s new HR technology, employee re-onboarding is efficient, paperless and ensures AWPL are meeting compliance.
Utilising EPG’s full payroll and HR model has transformed AWPL’s payroll and onboarding processes. Automating timesheet lodgements and managing leave and approvals within a single ecosystem means data flows straight into payroll, allowing AWPL to validate this data easily. HR technology has brought much needed efficiency around the re-onboarding of AWPL’s workers, delivering new contracts fast.
The end-to-end project has enabled AWPL to streamline their processes and prepare for coming growth once the pandemic tide turns.